Spotlight on a Caring and Compassionate Large Breed Senior Dog Sanctuary
It’s Adopt-A-Senior-Pet Month!
There are a lot of reasons to adopt a senior; most adopters will like that they’re usually housebroken and trained and, for the most part, what you see is what you get.
If you’re looking for a large breed senior dog, Lily’s Legacy Senior Dog Sanctuary in northern California may have your perfect pup!
Though Lily, rescued at age 12, was only with her loving adopters for the last four months of her life, she inspired the start of this unique nonprofit.
[Lily’s] mission in coming into our lives: To have this sanctuary established. A place where many of the senior dogs who are lost, abandoned, or otherwise find themselves homeless, will have a safe haven in which to live out their days, or stay until a loving adoptive home is found, and where they will receive the love and care they so richly deserve.”
— Alice Mayn, founder and executive director of Lily’s Legacy
8 ways to be helpful to this organization:
- Adopt an adorable senior pup
- Become a “Lily’s Legacy Angel” for $10/month
- Purchase an item from their wish list
- Walk your dog and support Lily’s Legacy while you’re at it
- Buy their cute greeting cards
- Sign-up for DogTrekker’s newsletter about dog-friendly destinations and Lily’s Legacy gets a $1
- Become a business sponsor. They need event sponsors and donations for auctions. Email for information
Lily’s Legacy also has a permanent sanctuary in Petaluma, California. The organization is a 501(c)3 nonprofit.