Here’s what you need to know!
The Paw It Forward Project shows how to practice random acts of kindness for dogs by highlighting “one good deed for a dog” in each blog post.
The blog speaks to an impassioned, dog-obsessed audience who wants to do good for dogs.
Topics should be accessible to the “digital humanitarian,” a true dog enthusiast who will share the ideas virtually and practice them locally.
Topics are categorized by as stories or ideas.
Story topics include:
- Profiles of dog-related organizations doing good for dogs, such as a nonprofit
- First-person accounts of doing good for dogs, such as how you rescued a homeless dog from a busy street
- Dog advocacy events
Idea topics include:
- How to support dogs in need, such as purchasing an item whose proceeds go toward a dog-related nonprofit
- Positive training tips
- How to speak up for a dog in need
- Content must be your own original work and not published anywhere else.
- Plagiarism is not permitted. When quoting others, please site your sources accordingly. We adhere to The Associated Press Stylebook.
- Once you’ve submitted your post to us, you may not publish this post anywhere else online (not on your own website or blog or anyone else’s).
- As the author of the individual blog post, you own the copyright.
- Please keep your submission between 200 – 600 words.
- We are pleased to give you credit as the author of your post. You are welcome to include a 3-5 paragraph bio and a photo which will be displayed at the bottom of the page below your guest blog post. We allow 1 link in your byline; this may not be an affiliate link or point to an affiliate site.
We welcome images and/or video to accompany guest blog posts.
- We prefer that images you provide are directly relevant to the post content and feature dogs without people.
- If you’re including photos, please make sure you have their permission to use them. If the photographer requires attribution, please submit that with your post.
- Preferred image size: 1024 x 768, less than 8MB
- We don’t allow links to your site within the post content unless it is directly related to the topic.
- Excessive links or any links that appear spammy will be removed.
- We reserve the right to make edits to the piece where necessary to ensure the blog stays congruous with our values. We may edit for grammar, clarity, length, tone, etc. Prior to publication of your guest blog post we will make sure you agree with these changes.
- If a guest post is inappropriate or needs improvement we’ll let you know and offer suggestions so we can publish it in the future.
How to submit
Send your post, your bio and any images as an email or as a document to hello at thepawitforwardproject.com.
We reserve the right to refuse publication, remove blog content and change these guidelines as we see fit.
By submitting your post, you are agreeing to these guidelines.